Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Randomness

This post is completely random but I have a little time to update so I thought I would.
  • First things first, my sweet niece was born last night!  Ava Rene made a surprise entrance one day before she was supposed to.  7lbs 8oz and cute as a button! 
  • We are getting ready for Brook's first birthday, WHAT?  My heart hurts to think about how fast time is flying. 
  • Brooklyn is such a little princess.  We just can't get over her cuteness and how happy she is.  She is crawling everywhere, if you can call it crawling.  It's more like a monkey walk.  She has never and I do not think will ever crawl on her knees.  She has 6 teeth, says mama, dada (her favorite word), and started telling me nana yesterday when she was eating a banana.  She sleeps though the night (it only took her 10 months to master this, haha) and only takes two bottles a day now.  She is a little petite thing and can still wear more of her nine month clothes.  She loves her brother and has nothing to do with her own toys. 
  • Braxton is such a ham.  I am really pleased with his language progression.  I have always worried about it since he was little.  At his nine month appointment he was still not even babbling and his 12 month appt he was only saying a few syllables.  I always felt like all of the other kids talked more than him (shame on me for comparing but it's hard not to) but he is "talking" a lot more now. He is still our little scientist and observes everything around him.  Everyday we talk about the same things on the way to Mrs. D's house: it's like outside, it's dark outside, the road is bumpy, red light, green go mommy etc.  He knows circle, square, rectangle, traiangle, oval and knows all of his colors.    He is quite the strong willed child but we are working on that and most of the time our presistance pays off. 
  • School- 27 more days, need I say more? 
  • I am starting my masters this summer.  I have debated for over a year because I do not want to always stay in the classroom but I was too scared of the work load etc with two young babies.  So, I feel like the time is right and I will be doing an 18 month online degree in school counseling.  I am excited!
Enough randomness!

2 comments:

Walk with me ... said...

I love you all so much. --- Grammy

Walk with me ... said...

I love ya'll so much. --- Grammy